Linking your Cooperatize account with Google Analytics also allows us to accurately assess your traffic capabilities, so we can give you an accurate payout! Additionally, advertisers are asking us about verifying the traffic from the bloggers (you!) to ensure their stories reach their target audiences.
We’re currently in the process of revamping our site, and we will be requiring Publishers to provide read-only access to their Google Analytics over time. We want to make sure we have the most accurate read on your traffic as possible, so we can provide you a max potential payout that is fair and attainable. Currently, Publishers can still manually enter their traffic, however, advertisers are more likely to work with you if you provide concrete data through Google Analytics.
We also suggest you activate Demographics and Interests Reports, giving you in-depth data regarding gender, age, location, and interests of your audience. When brands are evaluating what kind of bloggers to collaborate with, they look for bloggers that have a similar audience. Having this enabled on your account will allow brands to ensure they are targeting the right readers.
It’s free! Google Analytics only takes two minutes to set up, and helps you gain full understanding of your audience. We’ve provided a step-by-step process for setting up your Google Analytics account and enabling Demographics and Interest Reports below!
1. Go to www.google.com/analytics and sign in using your Gmail account. On the following page, click “Sign up”:
- Enter your account information, link to the your blog under “Website Name” and provide the URL:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, keep everything checked, and click “Get tracking ID”:
- Read through the Terms & Conditions, click “I Accept.”:
- Here you’ll find your Tracking ID:
- On the side bar, click “Demographics” and then click “Overview”. Click “Enable” to activate Demographics and Interests Reports:
- Log into your Cooperatize Publisher account, and click the Google Logo across from “Google Analytics” to link your account:
Now you’re Cooperatize account is linked with Google Analytics!