“I am a Danish girl, who currently lives in Spain. For the past two years, I have been living in Australia, which was some of the best times of my life! However, as time past by, I realized that I have to be closer to family and friends back in Denmark. So I quit my well-paid, office job after 6 years working as an Online Marketing Manager for different media agencies in both Denmark and Australia. I realized that it was time to follow a new dream of mine! I wanted to start working with horses while enjoying the outdoor life, and not be stuck in an office all day. At the same time, I started to dedicate more time to my number one passion: writing. So in May 2019, I started my first online blog, called The San Sanity.”
- How would you describe your blog to a person that has never visited it before? TheSanSanity is a lifestyle blog dedicated to providing thoughts, experiences, learnings, and questions for inspiration and social debate, about different aspects of life. The main sub-themes for my blog is Travel, Outdoor Activities, Fitness & Health, and general Inspiration & Recommendations related to everyday life. These are all topics that are of big interest to me.
- What made you decide to create a blog? First of all, my passion for writing. Ever since primary school, I have loved to write stories, essays, etc. At some point, I even thought about becoming a journalist. However, due to the regulations in Denmark, I was not allowed to take a second Master’s Degree. So I just started to write my own stuff instead. Furthermore, I have always been a very big thinker and an opinionated girl. I do believe that I can help expand people’s horizons, move some boundaries, and question some prejudgments and presumptions. In a way, so we remember to take an active position in life. I do this because I think it is good for us all to be shaken a little once in a while. And I want to participate!
- Was there a moment when you thought, “I could do this professionally”? If so, what triggered that desire/realization?
I might be able to take my blog to a more professional level at some point. However, since my blog is still so new I am mostly playing around with it and trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
- What fuels your passion for creating content?
I believe we live in a world where we can never get too much content. The internet and social media are here to stay. It is the way the majority of the population consume news, get inspired and learn new things. I want to add to that pile of content as I believe some of my thoughts, experiences, and learnings, can help others.
- Are there any blogs or publications that you follow closely? What makes them successful in your opinion?
Yes! Countless! I get most of my inspiration every day from other bloggers. I read, comment, and follow so many bloggers. I learn from them and get inspired by them all the time. I cannot mention them all, but if I should mention just one it would be Michelle who is behind https://www.makingsenseofcents.com/. A friend of mine recommend her blog and ever since I have been reading every new post she writes (and many of her old once) She was THE blogger I went to when I started my own blog, and she is truly a big inspiration to me. She has a great perspective on life and knows what she is talking about (she knows her shit!). She took the chance to quit her job and followed her dream! Now she is living it!
- What is your favorite post that you created? Why?
So far it must be my blog post about my favorite, inspirational quotes. I really enjoyed writing this post as it got me to think more about life, how we live it and what aspects we choose to focus on. Furthermore, it tells a lot about me as a person, if you read between the lines of my interpretation of every quote in that blog post.
- How much does social media influence your writing? This might be a commentary on the posts you read or the way that you tailor your posts for those channels.
Social media is my number one source of inspiration. I use it every day and love reading and get inspired by these sources. Sometimes they motivate me for my next blog post and other times I simply just need to know something about anything and I will look it up – mostly on Pinterest!
- What is your favorite social media channel? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, other? Why?
Pinterest for sure! This is my number one search engine. Google is still useful, but Pinterest is so much more inspiring with the additional creative content on this platform. I know, I am definitely not the only one feeling this way, so…watch out Google!
- Lastly, what is something that you could share with us that we wouldn’t learn from reading your blog?
I am a no-bullshit kind of person! If you ask me a question I will give you a straight answer, no matter how hard the truth can be. Whenever I meet new people it feels somewhat intimidating for some (I have been told). However, once they get to know me they appreciate my honesty and the fact that they always know that I am always honest and straightforward. I mean no harm, I´m empathic and genuine. But I’m also brutally honest! Once my blog has been running for a little while longer, it will probably start to show. I have more topics which I will like to write about. However, I know some of them will be provocative for some people. I will just wait for the right time!